Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Lord of the Rings


I had never heard of J.R.R. Tolkien before these movies came out. I had heard of the Hobbit but never the LOTR series. I'm usually not one that likes these kind of movies like Harry Potter, Star Wars, etc. but I could not get enough of LOTR when they first came out.

I couldn't just pick one of the three movies because they were all great! I remember going to see the first one and not knowing at all what to expect but remember just becoming more and more entranced in this movie and when Sam and Frodo went off by themselves at the end of the 1st movie I remember thinking "That's the end?" forgetting there were two more movies yet to be released.

I love this first movie because they were all together and it was fun to see "the fellowship of the ring" and see they all fight and be together before Frodo and Sam went off and everyone ended up in different directions. I loved the second movie because of all the battle sequences. I loved how Aragon, Legolas, and Gimli worked together but also teased and bickered with each other.

I remember that my friend and I won special tickets to go see a premiere of the third movie like a couple of weeks before it was suppose to come out. We were psyched. We were in love with Orlando Bloom and Viggo Mortensen and so were the biggest nerds about the movie. The third movie was great because there were so many great elements and you just finally got to see the ring destroyed after much pain and got to see Aragon finally crowned king and get his love (Liv Tyler) back.

This series of movies was really amazing and I think that Peter Jackson did an unbelievable job and definitely deserved that Oscar by the time the third movie came out.

No comments: