Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Singing in the Rain


I've had a lot of dramas on this list but I am also a fan of many of the musicals out there and Singin in the Rain is one of my favorites. My best friend in high school Madison introduced this movie to me. She lives for drama and we would both always participate in the school musicals and then one day over at her house she popped in this movie and I was hitched.

I think it was because I fell in love with Gene Kelly! He is so gorgeous in that movie, such a 50's stud muffin. He could sing, dance, act, he was funny and charming I mean what wasn't there to love. He was such a talented actor and this was definitely one of his best pieces of work. Debbie Reynolds was also very cute in this movie, just adorable and lively and kept him on his toes.

The concept of the movie was really funny with switching to silent movies to talking pictures. One of the funniest scenes is when the characters Don and Lena are trying out the microphones for the first time and then keep having to switch the place of her microphone. I also like the musical number that Cosmo does "Make Them Laugh".

The movie is full of great music and that of course includes the great "Good Mornin" scene and the famous "Singing in the Rain" scene. Those are both such unbelievable numbers and they're fun to watch and the actors were very, very talented performers and I wish that we still had performers like that today.

No comments: