Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mary Poppins


I am a huge Disney fan! Disney movies just make me happy and I will usually put them on to put me in a better mood and to have something light on in the background while I'm working. I have a lot of favorite Disney cartoon movies but Mary Poppins is my favorite real person/cartoon movie. This movie is a lot of fun and has great music and just makes you happy when you watch it.

The way that this movie was made seems in ways to be so before it's time just because of the effects and having a cartoon on the screen the same time as a human. Julie Andrews is wonderful and beautiful and her voice is just amazing. This character of Mary Poppins, which came from a book, is so perfectly played by Andrews that makes you wish that you had a magical nanny growing up.

I also am a big fan of Dick Van Dyke and his character Bert is so much fun and likable and I love his scene where he sings "Step in Time". He and Andrews are the perfect duo and it's so cute when they're doing "Jolly Holiday" together.

This movie is a favorite of mine because of the actors and the music. The Sherman brothers did a wonderful job on the music of this movie and Disney himself picked brilliant actors for all the roles. This is a classic Disney movie and it definitely gets played in my DVD player quite often.

No comments: